|MSRP : $74.99|
Sale : $30
|Sold & shipped by Walmart|
- Product Description
- Additional Information
- A better way to get video, music, and games to your TV
- With Chromecast, your phone is your remote
- simply tap the Cast button in your apps to start watching on the TV
- Search, play, pause, and more, right from your phone
- Unlimited entertainment, all on your schedule
- Choose from over 200,000 TV shows and movies, 30 million songs, plus radio, sports, games and more
- Discover thousands of apps at chromecast.com/apps
- Mirror your Android phone screen or Chrome browser*
- For apps that are not Cast-enabled, use your Android* phone or tablet to display exactly what's on your screen to the TV
- you can also mirror your laptop's Chrome browser to the TV
- Plug in and play
- Get started in 3 easy steps: Chromecast works with the devices you already own
- Plug it into the back of your HDTV, connect it to your WiFi network, and start casting from your phone, tablet, or laptop
- Fresh new look, better performance
- The new Chromecast has higher video resolution and less buffering, thanks to the state-of-the-art WiFi architecture
- The new integrated design also makes it even easier to plug into crowded HDMI ports without the need for adapters or extension cables
- Your one-stop shop to discover content
- The Chromecast app has been updated to make it a destination where you can browse featured content across your apps, search for your favorite movies and TV shows and see where to watch them
- plus, you can find the latest on new apps, offers, and features
- Even more Cast-enabled apps to enjoy
- Now you can cast thousands of apps across videos, sports, music, games and more...enjoy recent additions like Spotify, NFL Sunday Ticket by DirecTV, YouTube Kids, Google Photos and favorites like Netflix, HBO Now and Pandora
- More ways to customize your TV screen
- The same feature that allows you to transform your TV screen into a dynamic backdrop now has more customizable options
- Display personal photos from Facebook and Flickr, or beautiful images from 500px and Getty Images
- New choices for game night
- With new Cast-enabled games coming soon like Angry Birds" Go!, WGT" Golf and Driver Speedboat Paradise, plus favorites like Just Dance Now and SCRABBLE" Blitz, you can turn your TV screen into a game board, racetrack, dance floor or trivia quiz
- Everyone can play using their own phone as their personal game controller
What's in the box:
- Power cable
- Power adapter
- TV with an HDMI port
- WiFi network
- Google streaming device is a compatible computer or mobile device.
- Supported OS and devices: Android 4.1+, iOS 7.0+, Windows 7, or Mac OS X 10.7, ChromeOS
Availability and performance of certain features, services and applications are devices- and network-dependent and may not be available in all areas
- subscription(s) may be required, and additional terms, conditions and/or charges may apply.
*Mirroring works with most Android devices
Replaces the previous version. Big difference.
This works so much better than the previous version. Better stability and less lag. This will change the way you watch TV. Turns your TV into a smart TV for only $35. Go for it! Very competitive price.
Has placed the non 'smart' TV on equal footing with my smart one. I don't have to suffer the unreliable built in TV apps (Hulu ... yes, I said it). Best part?.... Once I enter chromecast mode, I can put my phone to sleep and use TV remote exclusively to navigate. Sweet!
Doesn't measure up to Roku
We have 4 Roku devices in the house, but I was looking for an alternative for the spare room, and figured I would give this a shot. Installation is a breeze. Anyone could do this, and it looks pretty cool, too. Once I unpacked it, I was a little worried when I realized there was no remote. This proved to be the biggest flaw. Without a remote, you are required to have a linked smartphone loaded with apps of the channels you want to view. Not a problem, I guess, if you live in a college dorm. It is a problem, however, if you are using this in a guest room, or have multiple young kids that might use it, etc. "Hi Grandma, if you want to watch HGTV, just pull out your smart phone, download the chromecast app, link to the Chromecast, then download the HGTV app, login to the cable provider, select your video, then press cast. Easy, right?" "Oh, you don't have a smartphone? Well, just let us know what you want to watch and we'll turn on your shows for you...while we are in the house, anyway." The Roku (and similar devices) have the advantage of storing apps on the device, as well as including a remote. If you feel like you want to do all your navigating on your phone, then cast it...then Chromecast will work for you. Just be prepared to make room to download an app for every channel you like. We returned the Chromecast and picked up an extra Roku.
I have the previous Chromecast and never have problem with it, it works everytime I use it. Now I bought this new Chromecast and you can see the big difference.....for me this is the best!
Cut the cord!
Got rid of cable an I am not looking back. Bought two of these for my two upstairs TV's. Got the smallest subscription to Playstation vue that really has all the channels I watch. Love that my kids can also cast their iPads to the TV and watch youtube videos on a bigger screen instead of the iPad. Makes sharing a lot easier too.
- 3D Printing
- Apple Brand Experience
- Apple iPad Air
- Cameras & Camcorders
- GPS & Navigation
- Home Audio & Theater
- iPad & Tablets
- Portable Audio
- Samsung Tax Time Savings
- Smart Home
- Surveillance Equipment
- TV & Video