Thermacell Mosquito Repellent Portable Repeller, 12-Hour Protection
|MSRP : $24.89|
Sale : $21.83
|Sold & shipped by The Roost|
- Product Description
- Additional Information
- Thermacell repellent devices repel mosquitoes by creating a 15ft x 15ft zone of area repellent. This repellent, allethrin, is a synthetic copy of a natural repellent found in chrysanthemum plants.
- One cartridge and three 4-hour mats to provide 12 full hours of protection
- Compatible with Thermacell torches, lanterns, and repellents
- Mosquito prevention without spraying on skin
- Use in Thermacell's belt clip while hunting, camping, hiking, or relaxing outdoors
- 15x15 foot zone to protect multiple people
- Heated by fuel cartridge to soak mat and release repellent and virtually odorless
- Thermacell portable mosquito repellent appliance
- Evaluated by EPA for safety and effectiveness
- Battery operated, cordless for full mobility
- Compare to competitors such as Repel, OFF!, Cutter and Tiki
- No open flame and no direct contact with skin or clothing
I've sat on my patio with several friends and family and was the only one being bit by mosquitos. They love me, I hate them. I bought this thing for bow hunting and for around the house. It is absolutely amazing and I cant speak highly enough about it.
Cant beat the job it does for bug control.
This works better then any insect spray, its amazing how you dont realize its working until you turn it off, One unit covers a area big enough for me and my wife while hiking or fishing within about a 8 to 10 foot area. We rarely notice any insects at all. Only drawbacks is buying refills and fuel. But to me its worth it. one fuel cell and refill last most of the day for us. The holster that is optional is very handy as the unit can get warm and its nice to be able to clip it on your belt or pack with the holster. My father liked it so much for fishing on the boat, he bought them for gifts for all his fishing buddies.
Best money I ever spent
I am an avid hiker. I go out on trails with my dog about 5 nights a week. This year the bugs were so out of control! I bought misquito repellent bracelets and a bug screen to wear over my head. Nothing really worked ... Until this! I LOVE the Thermacell !!! I use it hiking, while doing yard work, relaxing in the hammock. It makes my outdoor experiences virtually bug free! I use the holster when I'm walking - hiking or mowing. I also use the clip on the back of the holster to attach it to our hammock. I recommend buying the holster and extra cartridges and pads to go with it. The people who are with you - as long as they are within the same area as you are, will benefit from it too. Use it during parties or cookouts.
Great device, but be sure to have refills on hand
This device actually works. I was a skeptic, but it really does work to ward off mosquitos. The only downside is the thing needs refills of the blue pads, about every 4 hours, and refills on the butane cartridge about 10 hours or so. If you don't have the extra refills on hand, it's no use at all. I just bought it this season, so I don't know if it will continue to start up reliably over time. If the device still starts up (it ignites a micro-sized flame to heat the metal plate) without any trouble after I dig it out of winter storage next year, THEN I will be mightily impressed!
Truly a Great Product
I was a bit skeptical to buy this at first for a couple of reasons. First I wasn't sure I believed it would work. Second I felt that I would be replacing the cartridges a lot. It is a fantastic product and REALLY does work. I also bought the replacement cartridges with it and that was a smart idea. If you are just using this to put outside and plan on sitting around for the evening, you will get about two solid uses out of the blue scent pads. The butane will last for probably 4 or 5 times. It takes a little bit to get going, so definitely turn it on and set it outside for a little before you go outside. I liked this so much that I ended up buying one for my Dad for Fathers Day.