SentrySafe FHW40100 Fireproof Box and Waterproof Box with Key Lock 0.66 cu ft
|MSRP : $88.66|
Sale : $68.67
|Sold & shipped by Walmart|
- Product Description
- Additional Information
- Fireproof box is UL Classified to endure 1/2 hour at 1550°F to protect irreplaceable documents, small valuables, DVDs, and USBs from fire
- Waterproof box is ETL Verified for 72 hours of water submersion offering peace of mind in the event of a flood
- Fireproof lock box features a flat key lock to prevent the lid from opening in the event of a fire; includes two keys
- Document safe features built-in carrying handles for easy transportation; fire box accommodates letter-size hanging files and folders for easy storage of passports, social security cards, and birth certificates (sold separately)
- Exterior: 16.6 in. W x 13.8 in. D x 14.1 in. H; Interior: 12 in. W x 8.1 in. H x 11.6 in. H; medium capacity 0.66 cubic feet; weighs 41 pounds
Great to protect important stuff from fire!
Was looking for safe to protect important papers and keepsakes in the event of a fire and this fit the bill. Can hold file folders and a bunch of them. This was a lot bigger than I expected.
Was worried when everyone said they didn't like the handles. They feel just fine to me. Perfect size for all my important paperwork!
Good price nice safe
After reading several reviews on this product I decided to buy it. Works well. Locks are smooth and latch is easy to open. It has room for a stack of file folders for your paperwork (approximately 10" thick of papers and folders etc). Not huge by any means but, for the money and the comparison to its competitors, it really is a good deal! I bought two and will continue to buy them as long as they are available. On a side note. You probably could stack 4 handguns in their cases inside with no issues.
MUCH better than what it replaced!
I replaced a 35-year-old Sentry safe (tumblers were failing and I was afraid of not being able to get into it) with a smaller fire safe/lock box to hold birth certificates, passports, etc. The smaller box was not a SentrySafe, but a reputable company. Although it had been advertised as 8-1/2 x 11, it was slightly smaller and made pages curl at the edges. In addition, it was bad about humidity - despite a large packet of desiccated silica gel I kept inside. This new SentrySafe waterproof file is a bit large, but I ended up needing the space anyway. I really like the way it handles hanging files - I can organize things much better. I pray I never have to find out how well it holds up to fire or water.
How to open this safe
This safe is waterproof which means it has a gasket which seals it and there are special instructions on how to open it. The video on the Walmart website does not show the fact that it may be necessary to press down on the lid with one hand while pulling up from the bottom of the latch with the other hand. The enclosed manual is not impressive and I admit I didn't see how it applied to my safe. I had no problem opening this safe for three months but last week I couldn't open the lid. I now have another manual which explains everything. I am taping the instructions on top of the safe in case someone other than I have to open it in an emergency. Otherwise, the safe holds everything I expected and is very sturdy. The handles are very useful.
- Bathroom Renovation
- Building Materials
- Door Weatherization
- Doors and Gates
- Garage & Storage
- Green Energy
- Heating, Cooling, & Air Quality
- Home Safety
- House Plans
- Kitchen Renovation
- Laundry Room Renovation
- Sandbags & Floor Guards
- Water and Air Purification
- Welding and Soldering
- Work Safety Clothing and Equipment