Kidde Sealed Lithium Battery Power Smoke Alarm I9010
|MSRP : $19.97|
Sale : $18.87
|Sold & shipped by Walmart|
- Product Description
- Additional Information
- Sealed-In Lithium Battery – Sealed-in lithium power supply; no battery replacement required over the 10 year life of the alarm. Eliminates worry about battery removal or unauthorized deactivation of alarm.
- Self Activation – Alarm automatically activates when attached to the mounting bracket.
- Alarm Memory – Rapidly flashing LED alerts user if the alarm has sounded since the last time the test/reset button was used.
- HushTM – Will temporarily silence nuisance alarms and will not allow hush mode to be activated unless the unit is in alarm mode.
- Test/Reset Button – Tests unit’s circuit operation and resets memory after an alarm condition occurs.
- End of Life Warning – Alarm chirps every 40-45 seconds indicating the alarm is in need of replacement.
- Tamper Resist – (when activated upon installation) effective in preventing someone from removing the unit from the mounting bracket.
- LED – A flashing red indicator light with four modes of operation: standby, alarm mode, hush mode, and memory set.
No battery replacement hassle for 10 years!
I installed a Kidde i9010 smoke alarm in the hall outside our kitchen on May 6, 2016. My choice was largely influenced by that lithium battery. Avoiding the battery replacement hassle for 10 years makes this reliable unit well worth the money. I wish someone had told me to purchase it here and select "ship to store." I paid $19.97 in the Broken Arrow, OK Supercenter on West Kenosha instead of the $13.00 price posted on the Walmart website.
Everything I expected. No more wondering if the battery is any good.
Does the job at a good price
Was originally looking at combination smoke & CO detectors, but found out that while smoke detectors should be changed out every 10 years, CO detectors should be changed out every 5 years. Also, recommended placement of each is different, so purchasing separately made more sense. I bought separate CO detector (First Alert CO605 plug-in model with battery backup)...great price too.
Did not activate
Turning the new unit into the mounting base does not always activate it. After returning one I9010 because of this, bought a second which had the same problem. On the label side of the unit near the underlined Model I9010 are 2 tinny plastic fingers moved to activate when pressed by pads as it is turned into the base. Through one of the side windows you can see the plastic piece those fingers move to activate when turned into mounting plate. Using a small bald lifted up that tab slightly and the unit activated. After these experiences and reading other reviews will return it before more problems arise.
Solid product for the price
10 year smoke detector with lithium battery------no more chirping
- Bathroom Renovation
- Building Materials
- Door Weatherization
- Doors and Gates
- Garage & Storage
- Green Energy
- Heating, Cooling, & Air Quality
- Home Safety
- House Plans
- Kitchen Renovation
- Laundry Room Renovation
- Sandbags & Floor Guards
- Water and Air Purification
- Welding and Soldering
- Work Safety Clothing and Equipment