Mainstays Twin Over Full Metal Sturdy Bunk Bed, Black
|Sale : $179||Sold & shipped by Walmart|
- Product Description
- Additional Information
- Sturdy metal frame with contemporary design
- Upper guardrails for safety and secured front ladder
- Includes two Signature Sleep Gold 6” Bonnell Coil Mattresses: one twin and one full size
- The Signature Sleep Gold 6” Bonnell Coil Mattres is made with CertiPUR-US® certified foam. Foam in this mattress is made without PBDEs, TDCPP or TCEP (“Tris”) flame retardants, ozone depleters, mercury, lead and heavy metals. Foam is low in VOC emissions for indoor air quality (less than 0.5 PPM). Made without phthalates regulated by the Consumer Safety Product Commission
- This mattress comes with a soft cover made of Polyester in a quilted pattern design
- Bed is easy to assemble and the set ships in 3 boxes
- Box spring/foundation not required
- Bed dimensions: 77.5"L x 56.5"W x 60.5"H
- Weight limit for the upper bunk is 200 lb. Weight limit for the lower bunk is 450 lb.
- Twin size mattress dimensions: 75”L x 39”W x 6”H
- Full size mattress dimensions: 75”L x 54”W x 6”H
On the fence
I brought 2 of these for my kids room. One completely collapsed in the middle and other is fine which im not understanding. Had both less than a year but brought within months of each other. Figuring I can’t return bc I don’t have the receipt but just wanted to write this review.
You get what you pay for...
I purchased this bed for my girls, ages 5 and 7. 9 months later, the welded bracket came off and I'm left with a $179 pile of junk. It is poor quality, held together by flimsy metal and bolts. My kids weigh about 50 and 65 pounds each, so I don't think the weight limit was being pushed too far... I called the store about a return, and since it was over 90 days, the customer service rep literally said "you will need to just throw it out". What? Who says this? Way to stand behind your products Walmart and take care of the customer! Pay a little extra and get something that will actually last. It would be nice if a business actually understands customer service and accepting returns on defective products. (Cough, cough Costco)
Perfect for small children
I have a toddler and this is his first bed I must say I was a little unsure yet I followed my husband suggestion. Well my toddler so LOVE THIS BUNK BED...he sleeps at the top and its very safe for him to sleep up there for he sleeps like the second hand on a clock he sleeps all over the bed. Now where to step up on the bar to climb to the upper bunk there a little skinny and slippery for me so I decided to get some stair grip tape to give him some grip support so as he climb up those two bars he will have a grip (especially with the socks on). However again my son LOVE THIS BUNK BED. As for putting it together my husband did it while I was at work and he said it was a little time consuming YET well work it especially if you have your child sleeping on it you want it put up right.
DO NOT BUY THIS BED!!!
We purchased this bed less than a year ago, and most of the metal on the bottom bunk buckled. My son only weighs 140 lbs and it is rated to hold up to 450 lbs. There is no way all that metal should have buckled but it did. The company did refund us the full amount back and we had to sign a release of liability form. This company does not have parts to replace what was broken. Also if you do purchase this bed, KEEP THE RECEIPT in case you need to get a refund! For your child's safety, please do not purchase this bed!!!!!
Do not buy this bed.
This bed do not hold up with body weight. For someone who has 160 pounds I could not believe this bed bend. I wish I had seen the reviews I'm now reading since the screws and bars on the bed came apart. I am extremely disappointed. now i have to invest in another bed for my children. A waste of money. in pic added you will see bars loose and middle stand which is bent out of shape and screws no longer hold. Have to use a can to hold the center of the bed up until im better able to purchase an entire new bed. so disappointing